Register Your Group
We are on the lookout for samba bands, ethnic bands and high school marching bands, steel pan bands, big band bands, gay marching bands, goblins and ghouls, gamelons, New Orleans jazz bands, Mexican marching bands and African and Caribbean drum and dance groups just to name the sorts of things of interest to us.
We are also seeking big performance groups, dance troupes and anyone who can create a spectacle for the millions of people that line the Parade route are welcome to register here.
PLEASE READ BEFORE FILLING OUT THE FORM
Vehicles in the Parade
There are NO stages along the Parade route and a VERY LIMITED number of private vehicles allowed in the Parade
- Bands and groups that need elaborate sound systems need NOT apply since there are NO stages and NO electricity along the Parade route.
- While there are floats in the parade with some bands on board, these groups are hired by the sponsors of the floats. The staff of the NYC Village Halloween Parade has nothing to do with the performance decisions of the sponsors.
- There are few groups we allow in with vehicles if they are absolutely needed for support.
- Groups ARE allowed to use private vehicles to drop of equipment if needed, but given the density of traffic in lower Manhattan, performers are encouraged to take public transit.
What We're Looking For
- Same goes for the after-party at Webster Hall. We don't book that, they do.
- We are looking for performers just for the Parade itself.
- We prefer performers on foot with instruments in hands, that play acoustically and as loud as possible for the greatest enjoyment of the most people.
How We Decide
- Given the nature of this public event and the number of participants IN the Parade, the Parade organizers make artistic and practical decisions regarding which groups perform in the Parade and are allowed to bring vehicles